HELP!! Computer Worked Fine, But Now Boots To BIOS

Dec 2, 2018
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone here can help. I've recently upgraded my computer with new everything, and it was working fine. It would boot to windows no problem and I could use it as normal for about 2 weeks. Then today, the computer is stuck on the BIOS screen. I can plug in my old HDD and it boots up fine, but when I plug in my SSD, it goes straight to BIOS. Keep in mind this is my friend's old SSD so could it be the SSD is corrupted?

Here are my specs:
Intel i7 8th gen
GTX 1060
Intel 2TB SSD
750W Battery
Auros Z390 pro wifi mobo
64 gb of ram

The SSD is no longer registering the BIOS as well.. Let me know if ya'll think it's a corrupted SSD and I need to buy a new one. Or if this is fixable.

Thanks.

hiyabusared

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
My advice use your old drive that will allow you to boot up windows just fine. Along with this make sure your ssd is plugged in, I'd even recommend trying a new sata cable from the ssd to your motherboard. Once windows boots go to disk management and see if windows sees the ssd or not.

Dec 2, 2018
Hi, so I've plugged in my HDD, and this is the image I get with Intel's Rapid Storage Technology. As you can see my SSD has a yellow exclamation point saying its at risk. The disk management isn't recognizing the SSD but my computer still sees it. Is it a lost cause?

https://imgur.com/a/rkAvkUj