[SOLVED] Help connecting argb fans to B450 tomahawk max? !

el_shekoo7

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Hi everyone,
I recently bought Xigmatek Beast mid-tower but I'm having a problem connecting the fans to my b450 motherboard, I have different pins from the cables that come with the case, is there any adapters I can use to make the fans work?! (maybe working with random lighting I don't care that much about controlling them if it's impossible)

Here's a pic of the hub and cables:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03kiado71a4qfo6/Photo 28-02-2021, 3 43 25 PM.jpg?dl=0

my mobo has 4 pins RGB sockets and also my PSU has the same molex cable as the hub so idk how to even get power to it?! any help please?
Thanks

Solution
That is exactly the problem. Your mobo does NOT have a 3-pin ARGB header. It has only two 4-pin plain RGB headers, and those can NOT be used with those lights.

el_shekoo7

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
What exactly is the issue? The molex powers the hub, the fans connect to the hub, and the hub's fan control is plugged into a motherboard fan port and the hub's rgb control is plugged into the motherboard 5V rgb port.

rgb cable is 3pins but mobo 4pins
my psu cables are exact same (molex with the 4 holes side) not the other side needed with the 4 pins
and idk what's the use of the third small cable sorry

update: i mangaed to make them work but as normal fans (no rgb), is there a way to convert the 3 pin cable into the mobo 4pins??

Last edited: