Help connecting case fans to motherboard or PSU

AgentSmith630

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
I have a White NZXT Phantom 410 Mid Size tower, which has 3 fans already installed. I upgraded to a modular PSU some time ago and somehow I went from having my case fans plugged in to not having a spot for them. The cables for the fans end in one 4-pin male Molex header and several 3-pin male Molex headers (Similar to this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812311003, except connected to the fan controller).

My issue is that there is no spot on my motherboard to plug them in or a way to plug them in to my PSU. There are no cables for the PSU that end in that kind of header. The computer works fine but I worry about my temperatures getting too hot without the case fans running. Is there an adapter I can't find? What am I missing?

I appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance!

Kenton82

Reputable
Im not totally sure what you are trying to achive, but judging by the link you put up, this will adapt a newer SATA power plug into a Molex 4 pin plug. What motherboard are you using? You say that there is nowhere for you to plug normal 3 pin fan connectors onto?

AgentSmith630

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017

It's an older ECS board that I bought when I built the computer 4 years ago, I'm not sure they even make it anymore. I'm ultimately trying to find a way to connect my case fans to a power source, be it through the motherboard or directly to the PSU. The SATA power plug should just plug into one of the SATA connectors like an HDD right? I might try that.

Kenton82

Reputable
Correct. You could always use a manual fan speed controller! I use one for my case fans on my old rig, so when i am gaming, i can whack them up, and when using the PC for general tasks, i turn them right down, so they just tick over.

Regards,
K.

TRENDING THREADS