[SOLVED] Help Connecting Laptop to Monitor at 144Hz refresh rate

Jun 29, 2020
I have an ASUS Zenbook containing an Intel i7-10510U @ 1.8 0GHz CPU and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 with MaxQ design GPU and am attempting to connect this to a Dell S2417DG monitor. I have been trying to use a HDMI to DP adapter (monitor has DP 1.2 input and can only reach max refresh rate using this) but have only been able to reach a max refresh rate of 63 Hz. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to fix this through adjusting the settings within my OS or if I just have to purchase a USB Type-C to DP adapter to achieve max refresh rate. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Hdmi to DP may work but can be unreliable. USBc to DP is preferred.

More info here.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

More info here.

Solution
Jun 29, 2020

More info here.
Thanks for the link! Do you know if my system should be capable of running games at 144 fps based on the CPU/GPU?

Jun 29, 2020
I just received two different USB-C to DP cables in the mail today. Neither is giving me video on the monitor. I have spoken with Dell and Asus tech support and haven't been given any solutions to my problem.

This is a screenshot of my computer's user manual, stating that USB-C adapter is recommended to connect to an external display. Please let me know if there is anything else I should try before attempting to re-sell my monitor or purchase a new PC.