[SOLVED] [HELP] Constant PC Crashes, with immediate reboots

Mar 1, 2019
MY PC has been constantly crashing recently, and I don't know whether it's a faulty PSU or just very hot weather helping create this issue..

More in-detail, I've run CPU tests with IntelBurn and GPU tests with Furmark, so theoretically they're fine, however I've read up alot and I'm starting to come to the conclusion it's my PSU. However, after doing a Speccy report which hasn't shown any 'unexpected power loss' - I'm questioning what it could be.

It crashed a lot before I decided to clean the insides of my PC, however much more frequent crashes have been occuring. Anyway I cleaned out the dust with canned air (in addition, I cleaned and reapplied fresh thermal paste from the cpu/fan) -- after a very long time of the dust accumulating in there. Many upgrades have been made overtime too. However the PSU hasn't been one of those upgrades.

Main specs:
Windows 10 64-bit
Core i5 7600
MSI H270 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
Radeon RX 470
16GB Fury RAM

Speccy results: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/NyKpeqO328BLjOYsATk1fpf

Is there any way I can diagnose the issue further? And are there any assumptions that can be made?

Thankyou for any help in advance! :)

EDIT: My PC hasn't crashed as of yet, and I was playing games and what not last night for many hours, the hot 38 degrees (celcius) weather definitely had a big influence to the constant crashes. Is this something that I can't change? apart from possibly adding more fans in the case (there are 3 more spots I can use).

Last edited:
Solution
Low-quality PSUs tend to be the first thing to blow. Especially when you turn up the heat.

The main reason for this is electrolytic capacitors: low-quality PSUs tend to under-spec their capacitors, which makes the capacitors run hotter, experience higher peak voltages and higher ripple current. For every 10C below the capacitor's rated temperature, its life expectancy gets doubled, similar thing goes for ripple current and voltage. Electrolytic capacitor failure based on these three parameters is so predictable that many capacitor manufacturers provide a mathematical formula to determine how long their capacitors can be expected to last in a given application. If you want your product to fail predictably, capacitors are the most...

InvalidError

Titan
If the computer is no longer crashing after cleaning it, then your problem may have been as simple as dust in the wrong place, either cause something to overheat from dust blocking component-to-air heat transfer or conductive dust forming bridges good enough to mess with signals.

Mar 1, 2019
No that's not what happened haha.

The weather where I live was above 36 degrees, and during this weekend of very hot weather, my PC kept crashing before and after me cleaning my PC. However now that the weather isn't so bad, my PC hasn't crashed.

So therefore I'm led to believe that the weather maintaining 36+ degrees played a major part in my PC constantly crashing this weekend.

Although with that said, I'd like to know how to prevent crashes, even with hot weather :)

EDIT: I jinxed it, my PC just crashed twice, and the weather isn't nearly as bad as it was for those few days.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019
Yeah I tried looking it up to, very little info..

Do you think that the PSU is the issue then? With the knowledge that the PSU is the most temperature-sensitive part, and that it isn't high quality as per not much info being out?

InvalidError

Titan
Low-quality PSUs tend to be the first thing to blow. Especially when you turn up the heat.

The main reason for this is electrolytic capacitors: low-quality PSUs tend to under-spec their capacitors, which makes the capacitors run hotter, experience higher peak voltages and higher ripple current. For every 10C below the capacitor's rated temperature, its life expectancy gets doubled, similar thing goes for ripple current and voltage. Electrolytic capacitor failure based on these three parameters is so predictable that many capacitor manufacturers provide a mathematical formula to determine how long their capacitors can be expected to last in a given application. If you want your product to fail predictably, capacitors are the most accurate way to achieve it short of implementing an actual kill timer.

Solution

nextstepinfo

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019
MY PC has been constantly crashing recently, and I don't know whether it's a faulty PSU or just very hot weather helping create this issue..

More in-detail, I've run CPU tests with IntelBurn and GPU tests with Furmark, so theoretically they're fine, however I've read up alot and I'm starting to come to the conclusion it's my PSU. However, after doing a Speccy report which hasn't shown any 'unexpected power loss' - I'm questioning what it could be.

It crashed a lot before I decided to clean the insides of my PC, however much more frequent crashes have been occuring. Anyway I cleaned out the dust with canned air (in addition, I cleaned and reapplied fresh thermal paste from the cpu/fan) -- after a very long time of the dust accumulating in there. Many upgrades have been made overtime too. However the PSU hasn't been one of those upgrades.

Main specs:
Windows 10 64-bit
Core i5 7600
MSI H270 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
Radeon RX 470
16GB Fury RAM

Speccy results: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/NyKpeqO328BLjOYsATk1fpf

Is there any way I can diagnose the issue further? And are there any assumptions that can be made?

Thankyou for any help in advance! :)

EDIT: My PC hasn't crashed as of yet, and I was playing games and what not last night for many hours, the hot 38 degrees (celcius) weather definitely had a big influence to the constant crashes. Is this something that I can't change? apart from possibly adding more fans in the case (there are 3 more spots I can use).
why u r not testing your system files. first we have to confirm that is it issue of hardware or OS ?? so please check your systems files or just repair OS

InvalidError

Titan
If I’m to fit in a new PSU, and assumed it’s of good quality, would you suggest another 600W PSU?
For a mid-range PC, even a 500-ish watts PSU would be enough. The most important thing is to get a decent quality one. On a low budget, the 520W Seasonic S12-II can be had on sale for as low as $30 and its 620W counterpart sometimes dips below $40. They may be old designs but are still solid build quality. Popular picks among more modern designs are the 550W and 650W Corsair CX/CXM from 2017, not to be confused with the older crappy 500W and 600W versions.

Mar 1, 2019
For a mid-range PC, even a 500-ish watts PSU would be enough. The most important thing is to get a decent quality one. On a low budget, the 520W Seasonic S12-II can be had on sale for as low as $30 and its 620W counterpart sometimes dips below $40. They may be old designs but are still solid build quality. Popular picks among more modern designs are the 550W and 650W Corsair CX/CXM from 2017, not to be confused with the older crappy 500W and 600W versions.
Okay sweet I’ll check the more modern ones out :)

nextstepinfo

Reputable
Mar 7, 2019
I did that previously and nothing came up, but would you recommend doing it again??
DEAR I JUST WANT TO ADVICE THAT FIRST CONFIRM THE ISSUE.. DONT GO BLINDLY TO REPLACE ANY PERIPHERAL... MAKE SURE THAT IS IT OS ISSUE OR HARDWARE.. IF YOUR SYSTEM STABLE IN SAFE MODE THAT MEANS ITS ISSUE WITH OS AND IF IT KEEP CRASHING IN SAFE MODE THAN IT MEANS ITS HARDWARE ISSUE ALSO