[SOLVED] [HELP] CPU 100% but GPU <10% : Multiple ingame crashes

Dec 23, 2018
Hello everyone !

I come to expose here a recurring problem on my machine of which here the components, realized with the configomatic of TopAchat, that is to say guarantee of the functionalities of the parts between them :

-DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, Black, 2 x 8 Go, 3200 MHz, CAS 16

-Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! EXTREME, 11 Go

-Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Gold, 850W

-Intel Core i5-8600K (3.6 GHz)

-MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS

-Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4

-Crucial MX500, 500 Go, M.2 (Type 2280)

-Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Black

-Seagate BarraCuda, 2 To

As you can see, it's a gamer configuration made for 144Hz 2K at the minimum !

Here is the problem :

On all games, my CPU is 95% ~ 100% and my GPU is 10% at most. However my game runs about ten minutes then crash...
Hearthstone and League Of Legends non-greedy games run continuously without this problem. However, The Witcher 3, CoD BO4 or Monster Hunter World stop after a few minutes.

The question is: Why and what solution to bring?

What I have as information at this time:

No overheating at the CPU ~35°C permanent and 40°C ingame.
Latest version of the drivers for the GPU (GeForce Experience).
I notice that when there is a crash, the CPU is 100% and sometimes the GPU spins to 100%.
The CPU is not overclocked, it is currently running at 4.1 GHz but could turn to much more.
The GPU is brand new, it is well recognized and is used in Nvidia settings as the default GPU for my games.
My OS is W10.
My RAM strips are positioned at the right place A2-B2 for this motherboard.
My games are on my HDD, not on my SSD.

If you need more informations, like screenshots or every other information type, tell me, I will bring it to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for having read me, I will be eternally grateful if you propose solutions.

Thank you,

Lucas 'Cairon' Pauzies

Solution
If your CPU runs ~40° while playing demanding games it could mean that it runs at very low clocks for some reason if it runs at very low clocks then it could be a overheat problem and your system just shut down before you can see the temp rise.
If your CPU runs ~40° while playing demanding games it could mean that it runs at very low clocks for some reason if it runs at very low clocks then it could be a overheat problem and your system just shut down before you can see the temp rise.

Solution

Latest posts