[SOLVED] Help! CPU EZ DEBUG LIGHT ON! (Ryzen 7 1700x)

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Hi so this problem has occurred a lot before and is actually the reason I lost a gpu (but that’s not important). So I got my new GPU today so I could finally get back to gaming but one problem stood in my way... my cpu has the debug light problem and I’m praying it doesn’t turn on... and with the terrible day I’m already having piled on top of that the os won’t boot into windows but can boot into bios. Whenever I get a cpu error I would usually just remove the cpu and put it back in then it worked. Now it doesn’t even work it wont even try to boot to windows. Idk why but I need a fix. I can assure you it’s not the GPU cause that’s brand new. The ram is perfectly fine. It’s worked forever and the only thing that seems wrong would be the cpu but computers can be misleading like that. Again need a fix. Thanks in advanced!
Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 7 1700x
Ram: 4x4 DDR4
Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Gpu: R9 Nano
PSU: 600 watts 80+ bronze
Tell me if you need more in depth specs (I doubt you will)

Solution
I had (now my nephew has) an R9 Fury (like the Nano). It is a power hungry beast. You really need a stronger PSU to ensure longevity and reliability. If I had to base a recommendation on AMD vice pcpartpicker, I would go with AMD. Up to you, just be away that a PSU can (potentially) take out everything attached to it when it dies.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
At no time should you have to remove a CPU to get a system to work properly.

What are the specs for this system (make/model of all installed components)?

Are you attempting to overclock anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Is the motherboard BIOS up to date?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi so this problem has occurred a lot before and is actually the reason I lost a gpu (but that’s not important). So I got my new GPU today so I could finally get back to gaming but one problem stood in my way... my cpu has the debug light problem and I’m praying it doesn’t turn on... and with the terrible day I’m already having piled on top of that the os won’t boot into windows but can boot into bios. Whenever I get a cpu error I would usually just remove the cpu and put it back in then it worked. Now it doesn’t even work it wont even try to boot to windows. Idk why but I need a fix. I can assure you it’s not the GPU cause that’s brand new. The ram is perfectly fine. It’s worked forever and the only thing that seems wrong would be the cpu but computers can be misleading like that. Again need a fix. Thanks in advanced!
Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 7 1700x
Ram: 4x4 DDR4
Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Gpu: R9 Nano
PSU: 600 watts 80+ bronze
Tell me if you need more in depth specs (I doubt you will)
The R9 Nano requires a 750w PSU.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
The R9 Nano requires a 750w PSU.
actually funny thing is I just booted into windows and im replying to you right now from my computer I just installed the drivers and its running butter smooth I pushed the cpu in harder then normal. i still don't know what happened though so ill try to maybe follow up with amd on Monday or when ever they are open.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
At no time should you have to remove a CPU to get a system to work properly.

What are the specs for this system (make/model of all installed components)?

Are you attempting to overclock anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Is the motherboard BIOS up to date?
samething everyone has told me. even cost me a gpu. :/
not over clocking at all
specs are listed at the bottom of the question

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I had (now my nephew has) an R9 Fury (like the Nano). It is a power hungry beast. You really need a stronger PSU to ensure longevity and reliability. If I had to base a recommendation on AMD vice pcpartpicker, I would go with AMD. Up to you, just be away that a PSU can (potentially) take out everything attached to it when it dies.

Solution

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Ok thanks

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
I see what you are saying about the power supply. If I play fortnite at full graphics settings it will freeze go to a black screen and then the game will crash. Otherwise it’s usable on games like CS go and other lower quality type games also you can turn down the graphics required on games.