Question Help! Cpu not running at base speed

May 15, 2020
Cpu not at base speed default , need help ! My pc specs windows 10 pro 64bit activated, zebronics g41 d3 motherboard , 4gb ddr3 +2gb ddr3 ram sticks, 450 power suppy, 500gb hard disk segagate 7200 rpm, intel quard core q9550 2.83 ghz stock processor, my cpu is running at 2.63 ghz only need help to run 2.83 ghz please help me i have attached url of Screenshot

Last edited:
May 15, 2020
What you are seeing is called speedstep. As the processor load decreases, the processor downclocks to save energy.

This is completely normal.

To reach the 2.8GHZ speed, just run programs and it should speed up to the 2.8GHZ.
No i tried stress test it reached 100 load but running at 2.63 ghz instead of default base speed is there any solution

Apr 17, 2020
Well, it might be because it slows from the overwork. The benchmarking probably put a strain on the CPU anyway, as it was testing its capabilities on high. It could also be because of thermal throttling if the CPU cooler isn't good enough. If the CPU temps get up to high, it'll normally lower the clock speed to lower the temperature. I hope that helps. Other then those potential issues, I don't know what else could be causing it.

No i tried stress test it reached 100 load but running at 2.63 ghz instead of default base speed is there any solution

When it hits 100C, it throttles down. In this case I would believe that the cause is your older processor and older TIM.

You will need to replace the Thermal Interface Material (TIM) for your processor, and double check to ensure your heatsink/fan on the processor is clean and working properly. You should not be getting 100C temps in any case.

Apr 17, 2020
When it hits 100C, it throttles down. In this case I would believe that the cause is your older processor and older TIM.

You will need to replace the Thermal Interface Material (TIM) for your processor, and double check to ensure your heatsink/fan on the processor is clean and working properly. You should not be getting 100C temps in any case.
I'd agree

TRENDING THREADS