Question HELP! CPU Replaced, Blank screen!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Dear All

I inserted my new CPU in to the PackardBell today, and my worst fears were confirmed: The PC screen did not light up!

I saw the motherboard and it is indeed an ACER motherboard. Please see attatched images

Here is some additional writing on the motherboard:

Acer Inc. e1
H67H2-AD

Please can you help me identify the motherboard through acer, and the available BIOS updates for this motherboard

I really need your help!

Thanking you,

Ray

Last edited:

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Since the image thing is not working, if you need any graphic specifics, you can tell me what specific data and I can type it out. I types out the main ones for now.

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Capture.jpg

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
ok, from that limited info you typed, it looks like it's from the Integrated Graphics of your cpu. So it means we are safe.

anyway... since postimages does not work for you. We can use the built in screenshot + upload feature of GPU-Z.

at the upper right of GPU-Z. There is a camera icon. click that. Then choose "upload to free image hosting". Copy paste and post it here.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
ok, I see it now. And we don't want the mods to get angry. One post with the link is enough. hehe

anyway, looks good. It's Intel HD graphics working on your pc. It's safe to install a GT 1030. :)

Last edited:

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
you only had 3GB?! now it's answered why Windows 10 was very slow for you. You can see the "backup pc" on my sig, it only has a total of 4GB ram - the pc works, but it cannot multitask, I mean it can play a game, but something simple like opening multiple browsers can cause severe lag. I can imagine 3GB would be a lot worse, because 4GB is the minimum to run windows 10.

goodluck installing the ram modules. Your pc would be more comfortable at 16GB.

Last edited:

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Dear @Tac 25

Even I am finding hard to believe how I survived with 3gb ram all these years!

You know what's worse?
Packardbell Bell installed two sticks: one has 1gb and the other has 2gb! Unequal amounts!

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@CRT120Hz

you probably survived with 3gb ram and your old i32100, because you were content to just play games that your pc can handle. I was on a similar situation, from 2014-2020... only had a Core 2 Duo e8400, it's even weaker than your i3-2100.. however, the reason I did not upgrade for many years is because was content with playing Ragnarok Online and Starcraft.. games that the e8400 can handle just fine. On 2020, or 2021,not sure anymore.. a friend played Genshin Impact.. and my potato e8400 pc cannot handle that game. Went to a second hand store and got a Dell pc that can use i7-2600k, so I could adventure together with friends in Genshin. :)

have you installed your new 16 GB ram kit?

Last edited:
Reactions: CRT120Hz

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
My situation was the same too. I used my pc alot from 2011 to 2020. I give all the credit to you for all your kind help and support in helping me with my upgrade.

I brought the i7-2600k after returning the i7-3370. By then I was quite dismayed by the lack of support on the PB website and all the configurations specific to the motherboard.

I went to cex some time back and showed the staff a picture of the sticker on one of my memory modules. He saw DDR3 and 1333MHZ and gave me two sticks 10p each! I couldn't turn down such an offer at the time and I didn't want to spend too much before testing out whether it will work or not.

So, I had added those two in and I had 5gb. It worked. Seeing how I could make better use of my slots, I went back to get four of the 4gb ones. Unfortunately, they only had three which I brought for £12.

I will add these slots in once I get the fourth one! At least in that way, I can replace all 4 modules at one.

Last edited:

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
By the way, I also brought a 3.1GHZ i2 duo for an old Windows XP laptop of mine. I don't know whether it will fit for sure, but it was only £2, so why not.

That laptop is VERY unstable. If it fits, I will probably upgrade it even before I start it to avoid any issues with it crashing.

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
ok, from that limited info you typed, it looks like it's from the Integrated Graphics of your cpu. So it means we are safe.

anyway... since postimages does not work for you. We can use the built in screenshot + upload feature of GPU-Z.

at the upper right of GPU-Z. There is a camera icon. click that. Then choose "upload to free image hosting". Copy paste and post it here.

Dear @Tac 25

I have a question about the integrated graphics of my cpu. Probably a silly one.

Does this mean that my computer doesn't have a graphics card? 😀

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Dear @Tac 25

Thank you so much for explaining this to me.

Now I know why GPU-Z gave the CPU and the GPU the same temperature, because they were one and the same.

It's so strange. I have seen so many YouTube videos of people opening the same model as mine, but with a graphics card. Even the manual has a picture of the graphics card.

I had to give the computer for repair like 8 years ago because of a problem with the HDD. I can only hope that possibility didn't happen with my card😕

Reactions: Tac 25

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Dear, @Tac 25

Hope you are keeping well and safe

I recently added in 16gb of ram and the computer is alot faster! The only problem is the computer thinks there is only 12gb installed but cpuz says 16gb.

These memory slots are 1333mhz but cpuz shows that they are running at around 600 ish mhz with one around 580. I wonder why this is the case?

I have looked at some ssds and I think the crucial mx500 is a good idea.

I don't mind migrating the os but that would mean migrating all the potential junk files, too.

I don't mind reinstalling the os but I would like to keep my fax steam edition simulator which I have installed on my computer.

Also, because I installed the new cpu, it had to install HD graphics 3000, but if I do a clean reinstall, would that go?

In your experience, what would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks 😊

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@CRT120Hz

congrats on installing more ram. Your pc should be faster now. :)

ram - ok first, calm down. You don't have a dedicated gpu right now. Part of the memory is being reserved for integrated graphics. Wait until you have a gpu installed.
_

ssd -
Crucial is a popular brand, should be good. Although, personally, I use Patriot Burst and Transcend as ssd. Anyway, what you can do is this.. disconnect your hard drive from the pc.. connect the ssd to your pc, install windows into the ssd using a usb, then make the SSD the primary boot drive. Check if the pc boots properly. Reconnect your old HDD. windows would recognize your HDD, and you can still use the files there. Nothing will be lost. That's what I did when I upgraded my pc to SSD as boot drive. These steps can feel complicated for people doing it the first time, If you need more help, I suggest making a separate thread, so more people would see.

this is my pc, you see the drive C is the SSD. The other drives are the old hard drives, still there, nothing was lost when I installed the SSD.
_

HD Graphics 3000 - don't worry that won't go. It's part of your CPU. That would always be there, as long as you use the i7-2600k.

Last edited:
Reactions: CRT120Hz

CRT120Hz

Commendable
Apr 11, 2022
Dear, @Tac 25

Thank you so much for your kind reply!

You have really explained it thoroughly

Did you ever install your ssd into the pc or is it still externally connected?

Thank you so much for recommending your ssd. I was going through amazon reviews and so many people were saying that the crucial ssd went dead in just weeks. I was in two minds then.

I am still looking for a gpu, too. I saw a gigabyte gt 1050 ti 4gb low profile in a hardware store for £90. It was considerably smaller than a normal 1050. I didn't buy it because it looked quite used and I recalled your advice against buying used graphics cards. So, I will still keep looking for a good deal online.

Thank you once again

Reactions: Tac 25

TRENDING THREADS