[SOLVED] Help! CPU supposedly at 100 Degrees C

Solution
My Intel i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge) is at 100 Degrees C 24/7 but when I use a Infrared thermometer the CPU is about only ~60 - 80 Degrees, any fixes?
(Currently Using Core Temp)
  1. If you're using a stock cooler throw that in the trash and buy an aftermarket cooler. You can get a cheap one for $20-30 (excluding shipping). However, make sure it fits your case and doesn't interfere with other components such as ram.
  2. If you haven't removed your current cooler from your CPU in a while then do so and reapply new thermal paste. Make sure you follow a tutorial in case you're confused.
  3. If you've overclocked your CPU, then clock it to it's original state.
I'll be able to provide...

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
My Intel i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge) is at 100 Degrees C 24/7 but when I use a Infrared thermometer the CPU is about only ~60 - 80 Degrees, any fixes?
(Currently Using Core Temp)
  1. If you're using a stock cooler throw that in the trash and buy an aftermarket cooler. You can get a cheap one for $20-30 (excluding shipping). However, make sure it fits your case and doesn't interfere with other components such as ram.
  2. If you haven't removed your current cooler from your CPU in a while then do so and reapply new thermal paste. Make sure you follow a tutorial in case you're confused.
  3. If you've overclocked your CPU, then clock it to it's original state.
I'll be able to provide more tips if you provide more information.

Discontinue use of your i5-3750K for the time being. Sitting on a consistent 100°C is NOT good for your CPU at all!

Solution