HELP - Critical_Process_Died Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonzy96

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
I have just installed the free Win10 update onto my Lenovo desktop which previously had Win8.1. The update went as expected, booted up fine, spent about half an hour on the pc, getting things sorted.

I came to setup the Bit Defender software, that I assumed would still be on the PC, like all other software packages, and it seemed it was not on the pc anymore. I did the obvious thing, of putting the disc in the pc, and trying to reinstall it, it started to download, and at 80% a windows message popped up in the corner of the screen saying that Bit Defender 2014 is not compatible.

SO, again I did the obvious thing, and I looked at the support website for Bit Defender, there, I could download the 2015 version, which I read on a site was compatible with Win10. Download was not successful, and did not complete. Computer auto restarted, and since then, it will not even get to the sign in screen, before it comes up with a blue screen, saying 'Critical Process_Died'

I do not know what to do...?

I can give pc specs, but will have to find them first. I have backed up all data before the update so no worries there.

Should I take it to the local PC fix shop, or is there anything I can try. I am not a complete expert, but do know my way around a computer and basic menus. I have read that there is a way to take pc back to previous OS, but only within first month, this may be an option, but only if physical PC is fine in itself.

Jonzy96

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015

Thanks for the response. Funnily enough that is what I am currently doing, and all is back to how it was yesterday morning, working. I think it would be best to wait a few months to upgrade, to 10, when all the bugs have been sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.