Help/Critique on a new, first time build

megasan

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
So recently I made the decision to build a new PC as I am currently using a 4 year old laptop. For this build, I would like for it to last at least 5 years. My budget is about £800, living in the UK. It will be primarily used for gaming, streaming and programming. As far as I can tell there are no compatibility issues between the components I have chosen.

Currently, I have the following components on my list:
Gigabyte z97-x £98
Intel i5 4690k £162
Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL9 (2x4gb) £58
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 770 OC 2gb £240
Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO £26
Antec GX500 £43
Corsair CXM 750 £69
Benq GL2450HM £114
Total: £810

Questions:
The criteria I set for choosing a monitor was that it had to have at least 1920*1080, hdmi input and sized around 22" to 24". I was wondering if there are any monitors that are around the same price point and performance but IPS.
Should I just stick with a z87, single graphics card board and a lower wattage psu instead and look to make a new build in 5-7 years?
Are there any alternative component choices I could make that would offer better performance at the same price point?

Notes:
All prices are from amazon.co.uk.
I want the 750w psu because I want to add extra components in the future e.g. if i need to upgrade the CPU(far future), another graphics card, SSD, RAM.
I have not included a hard drive as I will be using a hard drive from an old external hard drive.
I don't see the need to include an optical drive.
I am assuming that the 4690k will cost the same as a 4670k, amazon.co.uk does not have a listing for the 4690k at the time of writing this post.
Thanks in advance to anyone spending their time to read this thread and post advice.

EpicStarman

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
You can stick with a single GPU dude. From what I have learned you can continually upgrade your single GPU if you so desire. But in most cases a single good GPU is better than two bad ones. And also I see you added a BenQ monitor. I have heard mixed reviews on them, but you can get an Asus monitor that costs less and works just as well. Other than that your build looks good, just don't OC with a 212 EVO.

megasan

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

What cooler/coolers would you recommend so that I can overclock?