Question HELP! Dead PC

Sep 8, 2019
Hi.

So my PC of 5 years, which is a custom build (not by me, but a third party company) has decided to die.

Most issues I have been able to self-fix (albeit after a few hours on youtube or general googling).

My PC shows no signs of life after pressing the power button.

Prior to this issue, I noticed my fans acting super fast and loud. Then a few days ago it totally froze, so I restarted the machine and it was working as usual, but with the fans going crazy still. Then hours later, it died for good.

So after looking online, I concluded it could my PSU, I disconnected all components except the CPU, MOBO, PSU and Fans. Only the fans showed any signs of life, but not the PSU fan. So I was still sure the PSU was the issue.

Then on a micro-ATX machine, I tested the PSU and everything booted fine. So although the PSU fan didn't spin, I feel the PSU is okay (it could be the feature that means it does not spin unless it needs to) however it could still be the PSU as the micro-atx machine is much lower power compared to my main machine.

Now I am pretty sure the issue is CPU or Mobo, but I feel it could still be the PSU as when I plugged in the PSU from the micro-atx machine, it seems to give some life to the mobo, but still no POST beep.

Does anyone with more experience have any insight?

Much appreciated

Sep 8, 2019
Intel i7 CPU
ASUS x99 Deluxe v1 motherboard
G-skill 32gb DDR4
Corsair RM750 PSU
MSI NVidia GTX 760
Samsung 240gb SSD Boot
Samsung 120gb SSD Game driver
2x WD Black 2tb HDD's in raid1

After the freeze, I checked the temps on speccy and I was getting around 20-25c on the CPU, which seemed good to me, but maybe some has a better idea?

PC is for gaming, photo-editing and some 3d software tasks (hence the OP ram)

Sep 8, 2019
After testing further today, the issue seems to be with the 8 pin CPU connector. When I do not connect the CPU power, everything attached to the power supply will work, but when the CPU connector is attached, nothing works.

Any idea?