Help Deciding on an OS.

Red9

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
I am building a gaming PC and I can't seem to make a decision between windows 7 or windows 8.
I like the look of both operating systems, but not the tiles in windows 8. I am mainly worried about compatibility issues with windows 8. I will play games like skyrim, oblivion, diablo 3, and minecraft. I would like to know if anyone has had experience with windows 8 and these games. Thank you for reading this post.

Solution
Windows 7 for life. If you're technical at all, or plan on doing your own troubleshooting, go with Windows 7. Windows 8 added an average of 7 steps to every troubleshooting process and it is just such a waste of time. Windows 7, I've heard, will be around until at least 2020. I say Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

JobCreator

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Windows 7 for life. If you're technical at all, or plan on doing your own troubleshooting, go with Windows 7. Windows 8 added an average of 7 steps to every troubleshooting process and it is just such a waste of time. Windows 7, I've heard, will be around until at least 2020. I say Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Solution

Red9

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
Thanks for the answers guys, I think I will go with windows 7 so I don't have to worry about compatibility issues and I kind of prefer the look of windows 7 as windows 8 is a bit too flat for me. I do have one more question though, will windows 7 be able to play newer games that come out? By that I mean will developers of newer games offer support for windows 7?

TRENDING THREADS