[SOLVED] help deleting MSIXVC

Kriilus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2016
Hey I was just checking storage with wiz tree and saw MSIXVC taking up 54% of my SSD and no idea what it is because nothing that size is installed from windows store and cannot be deleted .
I tried to delete windows store through Admin PS but won't work.
I'm trying to just completely remove windows store and re install because I changed permissions for the windows apps folder on the ssd and a guy on reddit advised not to ._.
View: https://old.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePassPC/comments/gjpwmz/msixvc_folder_lesson_learned/

I have Halo MCC on steam but it uses xbox live so there's no reason for it to be installed on windows store and to be of that size.

the file in question:
https://gyazo.com/76d573ea92d6c3e8968479e91d2ea8fc

Solution
Try CCleaner
I had a similar problem, xbox app automatically started downloading forza horizon 5 on my pc without confirming, by the time I noticed network bandwidth, it already had downloaded 10 GB, and disk space of 101 GB was already alotted to it[total install size of the game], I cancelled the download, usually when I cancelled the downloads midway, the files automatically got deleted too but this time the files weren't deleted, a 100 GB randomly hogging up space, I couldn't even access the windows folder with admin access, so I ran CCleaner, it found the residual 101 GB file in MSIXVC folder, I still couldn't manually access the folder through file explorer so I just ran CCleaner with admin access and deleted the file through...

Harshal Sonawane

Reputable
Mar 30, 2017
Try CCleaner
I had a similar problem, xbox app automatically started downloading forza horizon 5 on my pc without confirming, by the time I noticed network bandwidth, it already had downloaded 10 GB, and disk space of 101 GB was already alotted to it[total install size of the game], I cancelled the download, usually when I cancelled the downloads midway, the files automatically got deleted too but this time the files weren't deleted, a 100 GB randomly hogging up space, I couldn't even access the windows folder with admin access, so I ran CCleaner, it found the residual 101 GB file in MSIXVC folder, I still couldn't manually access the folder through file explorer so I just ran CCleaner with admin access and deleted the file through CCleaner.
P.S.: the MSIXVC contains UWP apps and program files which also includes games that you installed through the xbox app/gamepass. If you have a lot of stuff installed from the microsoft store or games from the xbox app, I highly advise against deleting the files in the MSIXVC folder. I didn't have any game or app installed from the microsoft store so I deleted the file without any care. If one of your key files accidentally ends up being deleted, you'll be unable to access the games and will have to reinstall them.

Solution