Question help dell precision m4600 shuts off.

Jan 21, 2020
precision dell m4600
i7 2760qm
8gb ram
700gb HDD.
windows 10

am having this problem that my laptop shuts off no warnings its running on AC theres no battery but shuts off like if i had removed the battery everything powers off. this only happens when am watching youtube videos sometimes it takes a few minutes sometimes 10-30 mins. i would like some help to find out whats is wrong with it. in the bios theres a system log that says asf2 force off.
what should i do.?

Reactions: jackandtherabit

jackandtherabit

Prominent
Dec 30, 2018
So im experiencing the same at the moment. From what I gather it a issue with the wifi card casuing a shutdown. Im running a pre-boot system assessment to make sure you should do the same. Press f12 when booting and start the Diagnostics check. I turned off the wifi a few times and it doesnt turn off at the moment I hope its just the wifi card and not my motherboard. If it is the wifi ill try a usb wifi and see if that works.

Reactions: ts4N
Jan 21, 2020
So im experiencing the same at the moment. From what I gather it a issue with the wifi card casuing a shutdown. Im running a pre-boot system assessment to make sure you should do the same. Press f12 when booting and start the Diagnostics check. I turned off the wifi a few times and it doesnt turn off at the moment I hope its just the wifi card and not my motherboard. If it is the wifi ill try a usb wifi and see if that works.
by any chance did you read this.???
View: https://twitter.com/irrequietus/status/813334335579443200?lang=en

Jan 21, 2020
So I am using a usb wifi adapter and so far no shutdowns. You might be able to replace default wifi hardware but the wifi usb seems to be a band aid for a bit for now.
are you using a dell.? how often does your laptop shuts off.? i ask cause you need to do abit of more testing with usb wifi.
can you help walk me through that it isnt heat related.? miine shuts off ramdomly. it only happens when watching you tube videos on opera. i have tried other browsers same. i was told by a shop that they have serviced many m4600 and that problem was gpu. he said to remove quadro 2000m gpu. i did i tought it was fixed. yesterday i used laptop for 3 hours it was fine. then later that day almost 4 hour and it shut off.
so today ill install quadro again.. the thing is if i remove or disable wifi button slider. only once shut off when just light browsing reading news. and the other day twice no opera just was using light tasks. i can do benchmarks and doesnt overheats maximun were 85c.
i do not think its heat related but i cant really know.. so confused.
this monitor logs it shut off. at the end temps are ok.
there will be 95c temps but i used cheap thermal just to test with no gpu. i have mx4.

https://gofile.io/?c=fJD2Qn