Question Help: Desktop keeps freezing even after restarting PC

Aug 21, 2020
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

My screen keeps freezing even after I restart my PC and when it freezes I'm forced to turn it off from the PC power switch because when I try to turn off from the windows menu, I click it and it does nothing. When I started noticing the freezing which was 2 days ago, I saw in task manager that sometimes my GPU would be at 100% usage even though I would just have 2 twitch streams playing at the same time. Right now, my screen just froze again and my CPU was at 3% load usage with 48° temp and my GPU was at 27% load usage and 43° temp. When it freezes, I'm able to click on the windows menu and open up the settings but when I close Google Chrome, it does nothing at all. Nothing else is running in the background except Google Chrome to watch twitch streams.

I've already checked/scanned for any type of malware or whatever and everything is fine according to the tests so I don't know what seems to be the problem. It has froze on me about 10 times already. I've had my PC for a month now and it just started doing this 2 days ago. Also, all my stuff are up to date/updated too.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to the freezes.

Resource Monitor is another option to use with respect to observing system performance.

If nothing found per the above:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Ensure that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. They do work loose over time so check by both visual inspection and by feel.

Aug 21, 2020
Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to the freezes.

Resource Monitor is another option to use with respect to observing system performance.

If nothing found per the above:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Ensure that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. They do work loose over time so check by both visual inspection and by feel.

I've found out that Google Chrome is whats causing the GPU to go to 100% causing it to freeze. Any other fixes besides turning off Hardware Acceleration from Chrome?

Here's 2 pics from Task Manager: 1st one is from using Chrome and 2nd pic is attempting to use Microsoft Edge to see if it would still freeze while watching 2 streams.
View: https://m.imgur.com/a/2MhdOM4

Ralston18

Titan
My recommendation is to reinstall Chrome. Could be some bug or corrupted file.

Failing that, try runnning Window's built-in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

After that then try "sfc /scannow".

What else is installed on your system and what PSU do you have: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Aug 21, 2020
I forgot to mention I already uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it to see if that would work, but same result.

I ran the troubleshooters and found nothing. Then ran the "sfc /scannow" and still didn't find any erros. As seen in this pic: View: https://imgur.com/a/jXxZJTL

I then did the going to my local disk and right clicked, selected properties, and then went to the tools tab and did the option for it to check the drive for file system errors but still said it found nothing.

My system is new. Had it for just a month now so don't really have anything installed except for apps like Chrome, Spotify, Streamlabs OBS, Discord, Netflix. Pretty much it. I dont really know much about all the pc stuff but my PSU is Segotep Power Supply, GP series 80 Plus Gold Certified PSU Gaming Power Supplywith Silent 140mm Fan (650W, Fully-Modular) brand new.