Question Help diagnose PC

Mar 11, 2023
So I was playing minecraft and all of a sudden both screens go black and no sound. So I restart to see a bunch of purple lines across the screen when booting. And when I get to windows it shows an updating screen then cuts again and goes into a boot loop. After changing to a different mother board with a different cpu and and different gpu still having same issue I assumed it's just windows being windows and none of the options in windows to repair work, it just crashes and tried to boot again. Purple lines don't show up in bios only when trying to boot or in windows repair so I'm guessing it's not gpu related. And then I tried to install windows off a external drive on to a brand new drive and it told me my system doesn't meet the requirements for windows 11..... which I was just using :|
Im guessing it's either a my ssd died or windows f'd itself up somehow. Any advice is appreciated

Original build
Asus b450f
Ryzen 7 5800x
Gigabyte rtx 3070
32gb corsair vengence ram

Parts swapped out
Asus maximus viii hero
Intel i7 6700k
Evga 980 ti
And some old Kingston ram

Figured I'd post here before I go buy windows 10 tomorrow and try fresh install FeelsBadMan

xZGxFire

Honorable
Aug 20, 2016
"before I go buy windows 10 tomorrow " Don't buy the $100 key with usb if that is what you meant. Create your own Bootable Drive with Windows Media Creation Tool and get a $11 key from a site or ebay.

Reactions: UADTHEGR8
Mar 11, 2023
Update the purple lines that showed up during boot don't happen when no drives are connected. So I'm guessing that narrows it down to drive or windows failure. Still can't install windows 11 though.

Mar 11, 2023
Update the purple lines that showed up during boot don't happen when no drives are connected. So I'm guessing that narrows it down to drive or windows failure. Still can't install windows 11 though.
Second update even with fresh windows install the rebooting and purple lines continue. No idea what it could be at this point.