[SOLVED] Help Diagnosing Hardware Issue on my PC

Mar 19, 2021
Hi All, For about 2 months now i have been suffering with random BSOD's, So i reinstalled windows, It didn't fix anything, so i installed Ubuntu Studio 20.04 and that's what I'm running now, But i still get errors, but at least its not turning the entire pc off. The problem now is that i would like to return back to Windows so i can play some video games that don't work with Linux. My specs are as follows:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F
I will list the BSOD stop codes that i remember, but i have no way to access the logs because i wiped the drive that they where on.

• MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
I ran a memory test, but it showed that there was nothing wrong.

I would upload some logs from Linux but i dont know which ones to upload.

Thanks for any Help
-Nathan

Solution
Update BIOS, latest AGESA code might solve odd problems.

Reinstall Windows, of course. Update Windows.

Install latest chipset/motherboard drivers. Particularly focus on Audio drivers as they can often cause problems in games.

Update graphics drivers for both the APU and GTX1660 Super. Consider a firmware/vBIOS update for the GPU.

Underclock GPU memory if the above doesn't solve the problem. Might not be your system memory that is the problem.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Update BIOS, latest AGESA code might solve odd problems.

Reinstall Windows, of course. Update Windows.

Install latest chipset/motherboard drivers. Particularly focus on Audio drivers as they can often cause problems in games.

Update graphics drivers for both the APU and GTX1660 Super. Consider a firmware/vBIOS update for the GPU.

Underclock GPU memory if the above doesn't solve the problem. Might not be your system memory that is the problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS