[SOLVED] Help Diagnosing Possible Registry Corruption?

Feb 3, 2019
Hey, so I'm gonna give a quick run down of my recent computer problems and then jump into the one that has me stuck. I was having issues with basically my pc crashing and ending up needing to be reinstalled because it was upside down (Ive come to believe those were because of the pressure on my hard drive) and recently on boot up the automatic repair tool starts and does its thing. I've been kinda ignoring it, my fault I know, because it was just a slightly annoying extra boot time and it did it a few times over the past 2 weeks. (The physical upside down thing ended around 2 months ago).
I've had many pc issues throughout the years and I've solved all of them by dumb luck (basically just the time when it was upside down and I was stumped ) or through tutorials.
For this problem I went searching, not finding a description of my vague problem. I've eventually ended up in command prompt (Also my stuff is in the d drive and it's normally c) and under windows/system32/config/Regback all of my stuff is empty.
Ive been made to understand this means I have no backup registry files in my pc to be used to fix or even do a fresh install (I need my files, not the programs, it won't even begin the process for the install. Trying this before I resort to buying a new hard drive I can't afford)

Am I on the correct path? My question is basically if that means what I think it means.
Followup question is how do I solve this? I've seen threads talking about how it's update related and about taking files off of a fresh install on a disk and transferring them? I have 2 laptops I can do this from, but I also haven't found the information on how to do that, and it may just be me failing to Google the correct keywords, which has left me stumped so even just a suggestion for go ogling my problem accurately would be appreciated

I am trying to understand exactly what you mean by physically upside down. Was your computer actually physically upside down with the legs up in the air or was your screen upside down? What does physically upside down mean?

Also, what kind of pressure was your hard drive experiencing? Was it air pressure, physical pressure or some other kind of pressure? Did you see something pressing against your hard drive?

Also, the lack of registry files has absolutely nothing to do with being able to reinstall Windows. There is no relationship with a missing registry and the ability to do a clean install. How did you find that your registry was missing?

If you answer these questions then some of the folks here will be able to help you better.

Rocky Bennett

Feb 3, 2019
The computer was physically upside down. There are no legs it lays horizontally, and it was on the wrong flat. Pressure from the other parts of the pc (Hard drive is on top when pc is properly placed)
I posted that I did a command in command prompt and my regback was empty.

TRENDING THREADS