Question [HELP] Display Flickering

kidlatwarfreak

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Good day.

I'm experiencing quite a weird issue. Once I have logged in and I'm into the desktop, my display is flickering. What is weird is that the display is not flickering when im in the login screen. Even weirder is that if I open the task manager, the task manager is not flickering but my desktop is. I tried booting into Safe Mode and there is no problem. I tried system restore, but still the issue persists. Tried DDU and reinstalling my video card driver, but to no avail.

Please help.

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Since you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As for your PSU, include the age of the unit, apart from it's make and model. Might want to also use GPU-Z and see what the memory size shows up for your GPU(provided you're on a discrete GPU).

kidlatwarfreak

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Since you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As for your PSU, include the age of the unit, apart from it's make and model. Might want to also use GPU-Z and see what the memory size shows up for your GPU(provided you're on a discrete GPU).

Sorry for the lack of details. These are the specs of the PC.
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
Mobo: MSI B450M
RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury 2666mhz ddr4
SSD: 128GB WD Green
HDD: 1TB WD Blue
GPU: Palit 1050ti
PSU: Seasonic S12 650W Bronze
Chassis: Generic
Monitor: 24-inch Acer monitor

This system is about 2.5 years old.