Question Help, display turns off, fans go nuts, sound still plays.

KHCloud

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
I found an ssd sitting in my sons unused pc, great I thought, 120GB I can use to stick a couple games on to increase load times. Opened up my case, plugged in the ssd, turned on the PC, formatted the drive, game it a letter blah blah blah, all was good.
Rebooted the pc and during the boot, just before Windows loads in, the screens go dark and the fans start going full spin, had to hold the power button to kill it. Thought it might have been a glitch so I rebooted again, this time it reached windows login but before I could load my desktop, same thing, dark screens, full speed fans.

I opened her up, double checked everything was connected right incase I knocked something out, tried again, same thing.
Removed the drive, put it back the way it was, same issue.

Over the last 2 days I've pulled the entire system apart, gave it a clean up and put it back together again and still the same issue.
On my latest test I just had 1 screen on, have removed my gpu drivers and was using windiws 10 standard, stuck it on YouTube to wait to see if it died again, and it did, but this time I noticed the sound still played.

I'm not sure what to try, I just wanna get back to mindless gaming after work :(

Windows 10 pro
i7-5820K
ASRock X99 Extereme3
AMD R9 Fury-X
24GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
EVGA 750 G2
Kingston 120GB SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD
WD 2TB HDD
Aerocool GT case

Was adding a KingDain 120GB SSD

Any help would be appreciated.

KHCloud

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Little update, problem still persists but I've not tried swapping out the vga psu cables and tried swapping them to the other vga ports on the psu (yay for modular).

I tried taking out the RAM sticks and booting up with one in a time, problem persists with all sticks.

I think I'm out of ideas