Help Dual Monitor Not Working - GTX 750 Ti 2gb

Jamie_75

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
There are two ports for the DVI-D type cables, i have two cables, the cables are different though, one is a solid block of pins, the other is two blocks of pins. both have flat - solo pins. the two monitors and cables i have tried separately on the main port and both work, as well as both monitors.

I have narrowed down the issue to the 2nd port in the video card, when two cables and monitors are connected my geforce experience detects both and my icons and windows will open on the other screen, the only issue is video output.

Help?

I'm a bit confused here. You said dual monitors are not working, then in the post you said "monitors are connected my geforce experience detects both and my icons and windows will open on the other screen" so what is the issue here? If you see both monitors and you can move icons and windows on the other screen, that other screen is working. You also want to check that both your ports are DVI-D and then get DVI-D cables for both of them, sounds like one cable is DVI-D but the other is not.

Jamie_75

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
the secons port only outputs a black screen. its detected but im not getting any video output.

the hdmi ports worked before ive never used the 2nd dvi.

like if i screenshot and paste it in paint it shows both screens.
even with one black.

ive tried the cables and monitors seperately the fault lies with my video card or 2nd dvi port.

Jamie_75

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017

the secons port only outputs a black screen. its detected but im not getting any video output.

the hdmi ports worked before ive never used the 2nd dvi.

like if i screenshot and paste it in paint it shows both screens.
even with one black.

ive tried the cables and monitors seperately the fault lies with my video card or 2nd dvi port.

So when using both DVI ports, you can't even drag any windows to the second screen? What if you try cloning the displays, does the image come up on both? Try contacting the vendor of the card?

Jamie_75

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017

When using the DVI Ports, the 2nd screen has no video output, but it doesn't go inactive and tell me the cable is not connected and yes i can move windows and even my pointer onto the black screen as if it was working and to my computers knowledge, it seems to be working, its detected and by OS and VGA controls, i just cant seem to get video output from the 2nd DVI port.

OK, this is still confusing, if you can move windows to that second screen, that means you have video output going to it, or it will not show you the windows and icon that you move to it at all. Are you just saying your background image is not stretched across the dual screens? Or do you mean video as in a movie or something is not playing on that screen? I may just not be understanding here by what you mean the video on the second screen is not working, because from what you are saying, that second screen is working or you would not be able to see the mouse cursor move to it. If you are trying to play a movie on that second screen, you need to drag whatever application you are using over to the second screen.

Jamie_75

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017

The screen just remains black, but is detected by all sources.
It doesn't go inactive as if there is no cord, there is just nothing on the screen.
If i put a window between the two, i can only see half the window because the 2nd screen is black.

OK, got it, so it acts like there is a screen, and you can move the items to there, it's just blank but the window and mouse move there like it's there. It seems like Windows is seeing a second monitor, but it thinks it's not the monitor that you have attached. I've seen this before. Do you only have a single video cable going to the monitors from the video card? Often this happens when someone has two video cables going into the same monitor. Another option would be to fully uninstall the card and drivers, and delete he display configuration registry settings, then install the drivers and connect the monitors. Those keys are discussed here https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/eaad161a-1567-4e6d-b7e0-e0cf3bcd0609/reset-graphics-and-monitor-registry-settings?forum=w7itproui It may also be the cables, did you try both cables on both monitors and do they both work on their own? I've seen wrong DVI cable do funky stuff with monitors that need a dual link DVI cable vs single link or DVI-D vs DVI-I. I've had things like monitors being divided up in several screens instead of one, ghost monitors showing up that swallowed screens but you could not see them, things like that.

Jamie_75

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017

Hi, im back with the same issue that never really got solved i just had given up.

So, I have two monitors with DVI-D both labeled on the back at the input.
Acer A231H - DVI-D
Acer G215hv - DVI-D

I have two DVI-I cables,
a Geforce GTX 750 Ti 4GB Video card With 1 DVI-I Output and a DVI-D output.

Is there something wrong with this current set up,
Nothing i do can get both monitors to output video,
they both work individually with each cord so faulty equipment has been checked.
It has to be im using the wrong cord, or i dont understand something.,

Please Help.