[SOLVED] HELP eliminating ping spikes between PC and router on WIFI

Cewbbbb

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
moved house and got a new WIFI setup with a new ISP (TPG)

experiencing severe ping spikes in games (upwards of 300ms) every 15 seconds or so

when i ping my router i see the exact same thing, normal ping then a really high spike, sometimes in the thousands

ethernet is not a viable option

would a power line adapter fix my issue?

room mate gets same issue, my guess is we are just in an area congested by signals, however i tried changing the channel on my router and it didn't help

Solution
Yes, in such an environment as long as your circuits are all on the same breaker box, then a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters will do a good job, and usually will get around 200Mbps. HERE is a list of the earlier models that are good and pretty inexpensive.

The newer AV2-2000 are really not much faster, and the pass through power plug variety cost more if you need that feature.

RealBeast

Titan
Yes, in such an environment as long as your circuits are all on the same breaker box, then a pair of AV2-1000 or better powerline adapters will do a good job, and usually will get around 200Mbps. HERE is a list of the earlier models that are good and pretty inexpensive.

The newer AV2-2000 are really not much faster, and the pass through power plug variety cost more if you need that feature.

Solution