Help - External Hard Drive Enclosure Access Problem with new PC

tallen234

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I just bought a new Alienware Aurora R7 running Windows 10 Home. I wanted to transfer some data from my old PC (running Windows 10) to my new PC. SO, I took my old hard drive from my old computer (a 3TB WD Red) and put it in a Sabrent external disk enclosure. After attaching the drive, the drive appears in the device manager as a SCSI Disk Device and in the disk management as Disk2 with a GPT Protective Partition. I've searched online for a solution to get access to the data through Explorer but with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

tallen234

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
This is frustrating! There is nothing I can do on the new computer to manipulate the drive? I was told this would be the easiest way to transfer the data from my old computer to my new computer. Now I have to reassemble my old computer just to see if it is salvageable...

tallen234

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Wow! After researching this all day (and being frustrated to no end), it turns out there is a firmware update for the sabrent hard drive docking station. The firmware states that it is for hard drives greater than 4tb (mine is 3tb). However, this worked! Hopefully people will stumble on this answer when facing the same problem.

TRENDING THREADS