Help! Factory reset Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomZ_

Reputable
May 10, 2015
I factory resetted my desktop, and now it shows me that it "shut off unexpectedly and needs to restart, click OK to restart"
I click ok and then the same dialouge box pops up!
Its been going around in a loop.

Solution
Hello VenomZ_

Mostly this error occurs due to abrupt failure in power supply. May be this happened while you were resetting Windows.

The issue can be rectified from within the Windows Registry Editor. Here is how:

> When the error is displayed on the screen, press the Shift + F10 keys simultaneously on the keyboard.

> In the command window, type REGEDIT and press Enter.

> In the opened Registry Editor window, from the left pane, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > Setup > Status > ChildCompletion.

> Once you select the ChildCompletion key, from the right pane, double-click to open the setup.exe DWORD.

> In the Value data field in the...
Hello VenomZ_

Mostly this error occurs due to abrupt failure in power supply. May be this happened while you were resetting Windows.

The issue can be rectified from within the Windows Registry Editor. Here is how:

> When the error is displayed on the screen, press the Shift + F10 keys simultaneously on the keyboard.

> In the command window, type REGEDIT and press Enter.

> In the opened Registry Editor window, from the left pane, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > Setup > Status > ChildCompletion.

> Once you select the ChildCompletion key, from the right pane, double-click to open the setup.exe DWORD.

> In the Value data field in the opened box, change the value to 3 and click OK.

> Accept any confirmation prompts that appear on the screen and close the Registry Editor window.

> Back on the error message, click OK to restart the PC.

Windows should be able to boot normally now.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS