Help!!! fan trouble

traviss187

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2003
in may I ordered a CHAINTECH GeForce 4 TI 4600 VIVO (retail version) graphics card online, and a couple days ago the fan started making a high pitched noise on and off, I took it out and everything looked fine, the fan was a little loose, but I wasn't sure if that was normal, I put it in last nihgt and ran it until this morning it started making a louder scraping noise like the fan was rubbing on something..
so the question being, would it be possible to return the graphics card to a local store? I'm moving to shanghai (from the US) on the 6th of aug. so I don't have alot of time to send it in...

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
urg...... i dont think u can just return card u buy online to nearest retail stores -----_________-----"
however you can try removing the HSf and see what's wrong. Also if the fan is really broken, you can RMA the card to the CHAINTECH in China, or u can get a new HSF quick

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
heya Travis;

Just go out on price watch and order a new ThermalTake HSF.

I have provided a Link below for the version you need.

<A HREF="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/chipset/g4.htm" target="_new">
ThermalTake GF4 Cooler </A>

XeeN

traviss187

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2003
thanks, I was looking at simplifying my life and just doing that, any links to proformance differences between the ThermalTake and stock? or should I just assume they're significant..
thanks for the help