Question HELP FASTTT

Mica888

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
I just bought a new gpu amd radeon rx550 2gb. I put the graphics card in my pc and deleted all my old geforce drivers and went to install the new amd drivers. Problem that im having is that as soon as i download and install the new amd drivers and reboot my pc i have a problem. As soon as my pc start booting up my monitor turn off and my gpu fan stops spining but pc does not turn off. I can go into the safe mod and delete the drivers and the pc will work just fine.
My specs
500w psu
4gb ram
Amd phenom x2 511
Rx 550 2gb gpu

Mica888

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
I installed the original drivers from the disk that came with the gpu. Its still not working the screen just goes black
Also when i try to go in amd radeon settings i get a massage: no amd graphic card is installed or the amd driver is not functioning properly.Please install the amd driver apptoptiate for your amd hardware. I also asked a lot of people and they said it whould be ok but can the problem be because my pcie slot is 1.0 but gpu requires 3.0? Everyone said its ok and it has nothing do do with this but just let u know what may be the roblem in some world.

I looked up on internet and i saw that my motherboard bios might be too old because its last update was on like 2011.

Yes that could be it, also you did not list the brand and model of your power supply. You really should swap to a newer system, a 7 yr old Phenom X2 and 4gb of RAM are pretty much useless for any newer game. For about $200 you should be able to find a decent used system with a good enough power supply to run the 550 with a newer UEFI BIOS.