khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
I can't find a USB type-c internal header (or USB 3.1 gen 2) extension cable. (this is the best picture I could find of the connection I'm talking about. The zoomed in part. Forgive me I'm on mobile at the moment of posting) I just want one that extends it a couple inches ideally. A male to female of it so I can bend it around the corner and connect it. The one that comes built into the case is just too short. It plugs in but it pulls the connection side ways a bit and looks like it will be bad over time. All I can find is the internal header to regular usb-c which is not what I want. I believe I read of others (don't quote me but with o11 dynamics. I'm using the pcmr version which is almost the same) having this issue and being sent a special cable. I can't remember where I saw that though but it seemed like I couldn't buy it.

I really hope a cable like this exists. Thank you for any help!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
does your motherboard have a Type C header on it? or are you connecting the cable into an adapter that adapts a USB 3.0 header into a Type C header?

When you get the chance, take pictures of your actual cable and the header on the motherboard and whatnot so we can see exactly what you are working with.

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
does your motherboard have a Type C header on it? or are you connecting the cable into an adapter that adapts a USB 3.0 header into a Type C header?

When you get the chance, take pictures of your actual cable and the header on the motherboard and whatnot so we can see exactly what you are working with.
My motherboard has a type-c Header and the front panel has a type-c port with a cable to connect. To be precise newegg lists it as a "1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps Type-C port " but here's a picture of the port I'm talking about.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
This one

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Exten...keywords=usb+3.2+type+e&qid=1613963736&sr=8-2

says it is just under 20" long, and has two options. It comes with a bracket so you can mount the Type C socket end in a rear slot. OR you can skip the bracket and mount it in your case front IF you already have a slot for that Type C socket. You'd have to remove the existing Type C socket if there's one already mounted there. You MIGHT need to drill a couple holes in the case front to put small machine bolts through into the threaded holes in the socket's mounting moulding. Basically this is replacing the cable you already have IF this cable is longer.

This is not what you asked. I think you were hoping for a male-to-female extension cable with Type E connectors on both ends, and I've never seen one. I doubt they are easily available. Technically, this connecting cable is part of a high-speed system with tight tolerances to meet demanding performance requirements, so adding an extra cable connection in the middle is something to avoid.

This one

https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Header-Type-C-Extension-Cable-15inch/dp/B08NVMZWPM/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=usb+3.2+type+e&qid=1613964440&sr=8-19&th=1

is available in a 28" length, but is does not look quite so easy to adapt to front panel mounting.