Help Finding a SLi certified PSU

Breakingcustom

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
What's a good PSU to use for SLi?

I am using a Asus A8N-SLi Premimum Mobo with an eVGA 7800GT.

The case came with a 500W PSU (Aspire), but I'm going to be buying another vid card soon, so wondering what is a good SLi certified PSU?

The case is blue with blue neon lights. So not sure if there is a power supply that would match the color scheme. I know, I like my computer to look pretty.

Admiral_Cecil

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2005
Vist Newegg.com. Go to their PSU section. Select the power range. Or, type in SLI. Eitherway, you will see some PSU has the SLI certification.

My PSU was the Antec Tru480. Had to get a adapter so it will fit in the 24 pin mobo. So it shows doesn't need to be SLI certified to take advantage any SLI mobos.

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Look on newegg.com for these brands

Enermax
Pc power and Cooling
Ocz

They all have SLI certifieds as far as i know.

RamaX

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2005
Sorry to cut in like this, but wanted to ask....is there a reason everyone is running away from the Aspire PSUs ?? Im building 3 systems (i think you even responded once on my thread here Dell VS Build My Own and im almost done with everything, but wasnt sure with 450 FSP or 480 Thermaltake PSus, so i started sahopping for 500W PSUs. I saw the Aspire and thought it had a good name (and YES it would look pretty in my sons clear acrlyic case, but thats not MOST important factor). So figured id ask you, what gives ..?
Thanks, im askin around

mpjesse

Splendid
Just stick to the the PSU that you have. There's no need to go and blow $100+ on a name brand PSU w/ the misleading "SLi Certified" logo. I have a 485W PSU w/ 2x 7800GTX's and it works fine.

If you have problems (which is unlikely) then I would consider getting a new PSU. Just try the setup w/ your current one before you blow money.

-mpjesse

byarelle

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Rofl best sli PSu = Enermax 535w SLi ready PSu... i dont know the exact model name but I heard many good things about it and seems better than any Antec SLi PSu or OCZ stuf...

1st: Enermax
2nd: OCz
3rd: Prolly Thermaltake

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
You don't really need an SLI certified PSU. That just means it was tested by NVidia. As long as your PSU has enough power and the right connections, you are fine. SLI-cert is like windows logo drivers. There are plenty of non-certified alternatives.

ffmadcow

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I am going with the Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU that is SLI certified and has gotten great reviews around the net, though PSU snobs will turn their noses at Ultra. The results are impressive for the proce you pay, and for $99.99, you get one with the blue light, as well, at zipzoomfly.