Help finding an 8-bit 24'' display for gaiming. Sorry if this is a rep

r0b0tc0rpse

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
I may have posted this once but I can't remember and I can't find my post (search is disabled)

BUT, I'll be grabbing a gtx280 soon, and want a better display...

I mostly game, do some 3d animation and what not, use to do ALOT of cad, not so much any more, would still like a display suitable for it though. I imagine any 8 bit display good for gaming would be fine for cad. I wouldn't want to spend more than 450, which puts me in range of the benq but I want other choices before I pick, peoples opinions and reviews. Also, its impossible to find 8 bit panels based on the specs listed on Etailers, so I thought I might ask to see of some one knows or knows a site that has listed them or done a big panel round up.

Thanks

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
3D Animation? Maya? CAD? Well, I'll actually suggest the Radeon 4870 rather than the GTX280 as overall it has more total bandwidth (Exceeding one tera) theorhetically this means faster for 3D applications..... If they support it, because software based ones still rely on the processor. So just upgrade the processor if that software doesn't support 3D rendering on hardware.

leigh

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008

Is that the one with the stunning Input Lag people have been complaining about, but supposed to be fixed in the next revision which isn't available yet?

mathiasschnell

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2007
I think only very few people have experienced real problems with that monitor. You're probably referring to a 1 in 1000 problem from an angry customer (don't blame him, but I'm just saying chances are rare).