[SOLVED] Help finding lag problem

Jan 14, 2019
Hey, Iv been experiencing a lot of lag on games that really shouldn’t be lagging and Iv came to the verdict it’s time for an upgrade because I haven’t gotten any new parts in about 2 years, I get very low FPS on rust even when the graphic setting are extremely low and on csgo my frame rate dips when ever a more than one smoke grenade has went off because of multiple entities. When playing rust I monitored my system with task manager and saw that it uses about 60% of my ram, 50% of my processing power and 100% of my gpu when it’s on low settings, I have 16gb ram and quad core processors, my gpu is a Radeon r7 my theory is that my gpu needs upgraded I was thinking about buying a Radeon rx 550 (4gb) and maybe getting a 6 core processor can anyone verify what the problem is for me? Just to make sure before I spend any money

Solution
Seems like you know what the problem is. when you're in a game your cpu is at 50% while the gpu is at 100%. definitely a bottleneck ... you should upgrade your cpu. Tell me if you need any help!
Jan 14, 2019
My graphic setting a are low as possible on rust and still like 20 FPS and it’s nothing to do with my internet I get a constant 60 download 15 upload and about 25 ping

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018

Have you played rust with 20 fps without lag before?

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
well, that's the problem i guess. if you want to get higher fps i recommend buying a new pc or upgrade one of your components. just ask me if you need any help buying any components! :)

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Seems like you know what the problem is. when you're in a game your cpu is at 50% while the gpu is at 100%. definitely a bottleneck ... you should upgrade your cpu. Tell me if you need any help!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS