[SOLVED] Help Finishing My Build (GPU)

Oct 29, 2020
Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing fine!

I've recently decided to build a desktop PC mainly for Gaming and Programming.
I've done some research and chose some of the components already:

• CPU - Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U12A 60.09 CFM
  • Motherboard - MSI Z490-A PRO ATX LGA1200
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
  • Storage - Already have it
  • Case - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower
  • PSU - Yet to decide based on GPU of choice
  • GPU - HELP
  • Monitor - Asus TUF GAMING VG249Q 23.8" 1920x1080 144 Hz
My price range sits at around 1500€, but less is better... I don't intend to play games beyond the 1080p resolution and I do enjoy playing games with maxed out settings.

I wonder whether or not it's worth waiting for the RTX 3000 series restock as it's currently unavailable in my country (and I believe the whole world) or if I should just move along with an RTX 2000 series or so.

Apart from that, if you have any suggestions on changing any of the components I've mentioned above you're more than welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Solution
The RTX 3K series is going to be incredible overkill for anything you are attempting to do based on what you said. You will easily be able to play most games maxed out based on your current specs and almost any series 2K card. My recommendation would be, if you want to stay budget friendly, go with a 2070 or 2080. I currently have a 1070ti and I am playing most graphically intensive games at max graphics + streaming some of them with relative ease @ 60FPS while I play @ 144FPS. The 2070 benchmarks are roughly 30% better across the board compared to what I use... so that would for sure be a budget friendly and good route to go.

I would only consider the 3K series cards if you are planning on breaking your budget or really want the...
Oct 29, 2020
The RTX 3K series is going to be incredible overkill for anything you are attempting to do based on what you said. You will easily be able to play most games maxed out based on your current specs and almost any series 2K card. My recommendation would be, if you want to stay budget friendly, go with a 2070 or 2080. I currently have a 1070ti and I am playing most graphically intensive games at max graphics + streaming some of them with relative ease @ 60FPS while I play @ 144FPS. The 2070 benchmarks are roughly 30% better across the board compared to what I use... so that would for sure be a budget friendly and good route to go.

I would only consider the 3K series cards if you are planning on breaking your budget or really want the overkill - but you would be better off upping to an i7 CPU and a 2070 or 2080 FIRST before running an i5 alongside the 3K series card.

Obviously this is an opinion. But I hope it helps!

Solution