HELP - First Build Blue Screens

mckin

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Hi
Apologies for mistakes or lack of information, first time poster.
So started this build January, hopefully can remember every step I've taken to try and resolve

The Build, I call it Kyle:
AMD - FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM
MSI - 970 GAMING ATX AM3+
Corsair - ValueSelect 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition Video Card
Corsair - VS 550W ATX Power Supply
Crucial MX300 275GB SSD

Error Codes:
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA
MEMORY MANAGEMENT
DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

It blue screens usually after about half an hour if it hasn't been booted for a while, then when immediately booted again after the bsod it tends to happen faster.
I first tried re seating the ram, then replacing it, I re installed windows, I ran memtest (loads of errors even with brand new ram, could I have got 3 sticks of DOA ram?)
I replaced the cpu for fear it was a bent/missing pin, still blue screened. Wondered if it was compatibility between gpu and mobo but there\s plenty of instances online of them working together fine

TLDR; Blue Screens, believe I have tried everything google has told me to try, have replaced CPU and RAM

Really at the end of my tether with it, keep just leaving it for months cause it's so disappointing and feels like such a waste of money, really nervous to post on here and have also been putting it off months, please be kind, thank you

Watch your language.
This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Solution

mckin

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017

Hi! Sorry about the swear
So I immediately updated the drivers and BIOS using the MSI/Nvidia software, I'm on windows 10 and right now it's in slot 1 but I have moved it to slot 2 before. A friend has offered their PSU but I don't think it's much better and it's definitely older.

chinaman

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008

Try to see if there is dust particles stuck in your memory slots then try moving your memory to another slot it would really help if you have a spare memory you can swap to test things out. did you already reset the cmos and let your pc run at default settings ? also check if your heat sink is properly seated.

Solution