Question Help for building my PC

delibasic.hamza

Reputable
Sep 23, 2018
Hello, I'm building a new pc.
I figured out already some components that I want but I need help about some that I don't know a lot
I was thinking:
Graphics card: RX 580
Processor: Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard: B550 (still don't know which one)
Storage: Samsung EVO 860 1TB (already have this SSD)
RAM: Ramaxel 2x4 2400 Mhz ( ram that I will put from my old computer, I know this isn't the best ram but I'll upgrade once I get money for that too)
PSU: (don't know which one)
Cooling: (don't know which one)
Please give me your suggestions about this build and which psu and cooling should I get. Please only components that are good but not that expensive, I don't live in North America so there are price differences.
Also can I put cooling that I had on my Ryzen 3 1200 on Ryzen 5 5600 or should I get a new and a better one?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you buy a boxed processor it will come with a new CPU fan. Otherwise any reasonable $30-50 tower air cooler will be adequate.

For an RX580 you will want a 550W PSU at least. Hard to say without region specifics, but brands like Seasonic, EVGA, Corsair, SuperFlower, be quiet!, ASUS, and a few others generally have reliable units.

As for B550 motherboards, for your use case, it doesn't matter too much. I usually look for boards that have heatsinks on at least the primary power phases, if not all the power phases surrounding the CPU. Though with a stock cooler, these can stay pretty cool due to airflow.

Jan 9, 2023
There is a Wraith Stealth cooling fan in the r5 5600 possessor box, if you don't plan to overclock, the fan is enough to use because 5600's TDP is just 65w.
As RX580 would consumes a max power at 185w, and r5 5600 consumes 65w, a 500w PSU is enough and a 550w one must be full. In a general term, the certificated products from EVGA, Seasonic, Cosair, Cooler Master and Thermaltake (all of these are top PSU brands), is guaranteed and most efficient.