[SOLVED] Help for my Logitech trackball...its so jumpy

kizmetkat999

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Ok I'm not sure what the model # is for the Logitech WIRED trackball. That was the one I have used since I started down this PC highway som 20-25 years ago. I LOVED the trackball. Wouldn't use anything else. Well kids came along and I was forced to grow up a bit and found that I no longer had the time that I used to to spend twittering away on a computer all afternoon. But now the kids are gone and, now that I've come into a little bit of extra cash, Imy interests of course went straight back to computers.

I did a custom build and when it came time for my mouse I couldn't find the wired version anymore, just the wireless. So I bought a Logitech 570 wireless mouse and off I went. But I'm noticing its just not the same. The mouse is very hard to control when it comes to tiny movements. It jumps. And that is very problematic when I'm playing a game that requires precision firing. I know that my old mice would have been fine. Have any of you heard of this before? Its almost like the mouse needs to be oiled or something. I've cleaned it a thousand times. Doesn't help at all. Any ideas?

Solution
It's probably set to a high dpi setting or you have mouse acceleration on. Go though the logitech software and also the mouse settings in Windows, you should find several things to adjust till you get it like you want it to move. Also most wireless controllers have a small lag to them unless you get a higher end one specially made to reduce input lag.
It's probably set to a high dpi setting or you have mouse acceleration on. Go though the logitech software and also the mouse settings in Windows, you should find several things to adjust till you get it like you want it to move. Also most wireless controllers have a small lag to them unless you get a higher end one specially made to reduce input lag.

Solution