[SOLVED] Help For the love of god

Aug 10, 2020
I just finished my first build. Everything went smooth. Plugged it all up and had it running then I heard a pop noise and it shut off and won’t go back on. I really hope it’s just the psu. I unplugged everything to look for possible damage from the noise and couldn’t find any. I plugged everything back up and the motherboards rgb lights turn on but nothing else (they shut off when I press the power button on case). All the fans originally turned on but nothing now. I’ve been reading threads for hours trying to figure it out. I’ve read taking out the watch battery or putting a clip on prongs to short it but haven’t tried any of that. The psu has a fan on it that doesn’t turn on when plugged in. So haven’t tried anything else. Literally bought it 12 hours ago so I’m hoping everything’s still covered. Very first build. Not to savvy either so I hope I didn’t do anything

Ryzen 5 3600x
Asus tuf gaming x570-plus
Gskill ddr4-3200 8gb x2
evga supernova 750 g+ power supply
Evga GeForce rtx2060
Master box nr600 case

any help would be appreciated

Solution
Pop sound is not good, you could have had a short in the system, had power cables in the wrong spot or using the wrong power connectors on a modular power supply. I have seen a lot of people new to building computers not look over instructions properly and just assume how to plug things in or try to plug everything in any hole that fits an adapter (recently someone connected a power output to a motherboard fan header for example). You may have blown the motherboard, and seems like the power supply is dead since it won't run the fan.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to source a donor PSU which can deliver at least 650W of power to the entire system and see if the system powers up. Also, at this point, you should be breadboarding the system with the bare minimum to see if you get any display(or even POST).

Aug 10, 2020
You might want to source a donor PSU which can deliver at least 650W of power to the entire system and see if the system powers up. Also, at this point, you should be breadboarding the system with the bare minimum to see if you get any display(or even POST).

I have no idea what you mean by breadboarding. I plugged everything in, hopefully correctly and the initial display came up and a popping sound happened during loading and can’t turn back. Gonna take it all apart again look for signs of damage

Pop sound is not good, you could have had a short in the system, had power cables in the wrong spot or using the wrong power connectors on a modular power supply. I have seen a lot of people new to building computers not look over instructions properly and just assume how to plug things in or try to plug everything in any hole that fits an adapter (recently someone connected a power output to a motherboard fan header for example). You may have blown the motherboard, and seems like the power supply is dead since it won't run the fan.

Solution
Aug 10, 2020
I tried being very careful matching up connectors but first time not outside the realm of possibility. Hopefully the motherboard is still fine. I’m waiting to hear back from evga to replace the psu hopefully that works and it was just that

I tried being very careful matching up connectors but first time not outside the realm of possibility. Hopefully the motherboard is still fine. I’m waiting to hear back from evga to replace the psu hopefully that works and it was just that

Just be careful with the power connections and proper stand-off placement on the case. The power connectors can look very similar to each other and can connect to different plugs on the power supply that look the same but are for different connections.