Dec 18, 2020
Alright guys, so I just completed my build last night and when I went to boot it up to install Windows 10 it keeps crashing during the installation process. I get the same blue screen of death with various stop codes, IRQL is the most popular one. I tried taking out the RAM, using only 1 RAM, unplugging the GPU, and I watched a metric f**kton of videos but still no luck... Now I’m here for help because I’m desperate and with this being my first ever PC build, I’m losing hope. I double checked the compatibility with multiple sites even before I purchased anything! Here’s what I got in the rig:

Intel Core i7-9700K
RTX 2060 6GB
Noctua NH-L9i Cpu Cooler
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD
HyperX Fury 3733MHz RAM 2 x 8GB
MSI B365M Pro-VDH Motherboard
ThermalTake S300 Case
ThermalTake 600w Smart Gold PSU
UpHere White LED Fans x7
DeepCool FH-10 Fan Hub (SATA powered, 4pin)

Solution
Final Update
I upgraded the motherboard and CPU, issue is no longer there. CPU was the root of the problem. Hardware rather than software, I’m just glad the issue is resolved! Thanks for the help boys, Dub out ✌🏽
Temps are around 43C, couldn’t find the BIOS reset. Tried looking in the advance search too
Take note (or pics) of the BIOS settings you need to put back. Unplug your computer power, remove the little watch battery on the motherboard, hold power button for 10 seconds. Put the battery back and plug the computer back in. Your BIOS is reset.

Note: After resetting the BIOS don't just put all the settings back right away. You want to test it at stock settings to see if the crashing goes away.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
Take note (or pics) of the BIOS settings you need to put back. Unplug your computer power, remove the little watch battery on the motherboard, hold power button for 10 seconds. Put the battery back and plug the computer back in. Your BIOS is reset.

Note: After resetting the BIOS don't just put all the settings back right away. You want to test it at stock settings to see if the crashing goes away.
I will try that when I get home from work! Thank you, I’ll update the thread as I work on it

Dec 18, 2020

Same issue. Reset the Bios and ran at stock settings.

Dec 18, 2020
Update
Tried components from another working PC and all of my components checked out....except for the CPU. That was the common denominator, will be trying a new CPU today/tomorrow to verify.

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
Have you tried installing windows on some other modern PC from that USB stick? Or make a new stick with the latest installer (or just format that stick and put the latest installer in it)? As i said before, its entirely possible that its a software problem and you'll be wasting your money on extra hardware for troubleshooting.

Dec 18, 2020
Have you tried installing windows on some other modern PC from that USB stick? Or make a new stick with the latest installer (or just format that stick and put the latest installer in it)? As i said before, its entirely possible that its a software problem and you'll be wasting your money on extra hardware for troubleshooting.
Yes, I even tried another USB with a freshly loaded booter on it. Both of them have the latest version but I’m still having the issue. Keep getting different error codes each time, same issue though. One of the error codes contained Kernel and led to a possible CPU issue.

Dec 18, 2020
Final Update
I upgraded the motherboard and CPU, issue is no longer there. CPU was the root of the problem. Hardware rather than software, I’m just glad the issue is resolved! Thanks for the help boys, Dub out ✌🏽

Solution