[HELP] Front Panel Audio Connection

l33vi3w

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
Hi guys!

I bought a new motherboard and I am lost connecting the front audio panel. My cable have the following wires : mic in, mic in, gnd, gnd, ear l, ear l, ear r, ear r.
Please help me out!

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2

http://tinypic.com/r/11rr5sl/8

Thanks!

okk so for connecting the front pannel audio jack find the HD AUDIO cable which look like this..
62066cd4bd049028a302af02edd1b6bf.jpg

and connect the audio cable to the port mentioned as audio which somewhat look like this....
680iaudio.jpg

l33vi3w

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
11rr5sl.jpg
It's a FRONT AUDIO PANEL. I need to connect these wires in the audio pins from the motherboard. I searched all over the internet and I didn't find a pattern for my type of wires. Any ideas?

l33vi3w

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
Thanks for the replies. Still having problems though. In the manual the pins have diffrent names than what I have on my wires. I guess my front panel it's an AC'97 Front Panel Audio. I got 2 mic in, 2 ground, 2 ear left, 2 ear right; but I don't know witch of them represents the mic power, line our left or right and so on. Thanks!

well then check this out .........there is nothing to worry about if u do it wrong nothing serious would happen just it would not work ....here is another example see if it helps ...
correct+680i+front+panel+pinout.png