HELP Get green capture screen

I have All-in-wonder 9600 -windows -XP 2.0ghz. When I try to capture
video from a vcr using Nero6 or Pinnacle I get a good picture in the
capture screen but when I play it back it is a green screen with a
small band of video at the top. When I run the test in configuration I
get the message the capture driver not listed in registry. I tried
everything on the ATI site with drivers, still no help. I can not
count the number of times I loaded and un installed the different
drivers.

Bob Kanip wrote:
> I have All-in-wonder 9600 -windows -XP 2.0ghz. When I try to capture
> video from a vcr using Nero6 or Pinnacle I get a good picture in the
> capture screen but when I play it back it is a green screen with a
> small band of video at the top. When I run the test in configuration I
> get the message the capture driver not listed in registry. I tried
> everything on the ATI site with drivers, still no help. I can not
> count the number of times I loaded and un installed the different
> drivers.

I don't think it will work, but is probably worth a try: use the cat
uninstaller (also uninstalls all other ATI software, AFAIK) then rebooting,
then reinstalling (last thing you wanted hear!).

Ben

I finally got an answer from ATI. I would not belive them but it
worked. They said
"Please ensure that the vhs tape you are recording is not copyrighted
material. Macrovision will prevent our software from capturing
copyrighted material."
I was using a bought vcr tape of the movie Speed. I changed to a movie
I copied from a rented tape and it still didn't work, so I used a tape
that was recorded from the tv and low and behold it worked. I would
have never thought that would be the problem. I wasted a week of
trying to get this thing to work and it was a simple solution. Maybe
this is common knowldge to all of the users of capture but I didn't
know it.

>I have All-in-wonder 9600 -windows -XP 2.0ghz. When I try to capture
>video from a vcr using Nero6 or Pinnacle I get a good picture in the
>capture screen but when I play it back it is a green screen with a
>small band of video at the top. When I run the test in configuration I
>get the message the capture driver not listed in registry. I tried
>everything on the ATI site with drivers, still no help. I can not
>count the number of times I loaded and un installed the different
>drivers.

RJ

I wonder if DVD X-Copy would be helpful here. I wonder how the programs
would know its a copyrighted tape? I would suggest tinkering around with
Nero and Pinnacle, i suspect they have some sort of media look up program,
if so see if it can be turned off. It is NOT illegal for you to copy movies
for your own use so I don't see why they'd prevent the copying.