Question Help getting my machine working with dedicated graphics card

Jul 31, 2022
I've been searching for a few days now and haven't found any advice that works.
I am building my own PC and have all my major components. Here they are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Mobo: AsRock B550M Pro4 mATX
RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x16Gb 3200mHz CL16
Storage: Samsung 980 PRO, 1tb
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600XT Gaming OC
PSU: Rosewill Quark 650W, 80+platinum
When I swapped the CPU for a Ryzen 5 3400g, I was able to get a video signal via VGA on the motherboard, install windows, install GPU drivers, etc. Now I'm trying to get the system to A) display from the GPU via HDMI or DP, and B) swap the CPU permanently over to the 5600X. I know for a fact that all my cables are plugged in all the way, but I absolutely cannot get a video signal out any other way than with the GPU removed and the Ryzen 5 3400g in place of the newer 5600X. Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022
I've been searching for a few days now and haven't found any advice that works.
I am building my own PC and have all my major components. Here they are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Mobo: AsRock B550M Pro4 mATX
RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x16Gb 3200mHz CL16
Storage: Samsung 980 PRO, 1tb
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600XT Gaming OC
PSU: Rosewill Quark 650W, 80+platinum
When I swapped the CPU for a Ryzen 5 3400g, I was able to get a video signal via VGA on the motherboard, install windows, install GPU drivers, etc. Now I'm trying to get the system to A) display from the GPU via HDMI or DP, and B) swap the CPU permanently over to the 5600X. I know for a fact that all my cables are plugged in all the way, but I absolutely cannot get a video signal out any other way than with the GPU removed and the Ryzen 5 3400g in place of the newer 5600X. Does anyone have any advice?
It turns out the result is just that both of the HDMI ports on this graphics card are busted. I just tried it on a whim with a DP cable and it works flawlessly, even with the 5600X.