Question HELP Gmail is hacked or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

David3290321

Prominent
Nov 20, 2021
Hey! I just started getting tons on random emails telling me how I signed up for stuff. This is my main email and it isnt linked with anything with bank accounts or any accouts used to purchase things. I don’t really put my Gmail up on things but the thing I did sign up for right before this started happening is twitter. Please help! Also it’s been hacked before but sense then and just now I changed my password and they are very strong. The last hack just posted random YouTube videos.
What should i do?!

David3290321

Prominent
Nov 20, 2021
Hey! I just started getting tons on random emails telling me how I signed up for stuff. This is my main email and it isnt linked with anything with bank accounts or any accouts used to purchase things. I don’t really put my Gmail up on things but the thing I did sign up for right before this started happening is twitter. Please help! Also it’s been hacked before but sense then and just now I changed my password and they are very strong. The last hack just posted random YouTube videos.
What should i do?!
Its also in random languages

What should i do?!
It's just another SPAM run sent out to millions of randomly generated email addresses. This happens many times per year. Do not respond to any of them, it only serves to verify that a live human being exists at that address and you will be added to even more mailing lists. Simply throw them away and continue with life.

Reactions: David3290321

USAFRet

Titan
According to my gmail addresses over the last few days, I've signed up for:

Mcafee
New York Times
Car insurance, from multiple providers
CashUSA
Car warranty
Apparently, I now own an RV
I belong to a tennis club 3,000 miles away
Hayneedle
Hulu (similar but incorrect email address)
etc, etc, etc

This is just a small sample from the last week.

These are all junk/spam, no one has hacked your gmail address.

Reactions: Cj-tech

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
What should i do?!
I get emails about recently signing up for cryptocurrency websites, McAfee antivirus, and more. If you look at the sender, they are not legitimate email addresses. Typically, it’s a random sequence of letters and numbers. The goal of these emails is to trick you into emailing them, calling them, or clicking a link. Don’t do any of these things and you’ll be fine.

Reactions: cAllen

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Might be a good time to change your handle with Google.

FTR...My comment was based on an incident years ago when someone on the "House Box" clicked on something and they got "into" our address book and used it to try and "spam/infect" others with emails from us. Luckily one of those was my "computer guy" and we were quickly alerted. Handle was changed, security was beefed up and we haven't been tagged since.

Status
Not open for further replies.