Question Help Got a Ryzen 7 2700x and GTX 1070 SC build not getting performance as before.

Kronos200

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
Okay so I need you guyses help.
I got a little problem and let me explain.
So i was trying to overclock my CPU Ryzen 7 2700x because it wasnt performing too well in cinebench r20 so I was overclocking it and testing it with cinebench and crashed until I got the right GHZ which was 4GHz for whatever reason I wasnt able to get higher and voltage was automatic so I figured I'd try 1.45V on 4.1 Ghz still nothing it would crash in cinebench and temps were fine. Anyways I stayed at 4Ghz. So here's the problem. I was trying to play games like Modern Warfare 2020. Before without overclocking I got 110-120 FPS stable in any maps or game modes. Now when I overclocked it was horrible 90-70 FPS like what the heck. So I reverted everything still nothing btw the overclocking I did in latest BIOs. Then I figured it was windows so I did fresh install of windows and I formatted my drive where windows is going to installed on. And guess what still same issue not getting the FPS I had before. Surely overclocking should gain you more FPS but not this time. I'm out of ideas what I could be the thing I'm trying now is reinstalling modern warfare. This isnt the only game I got in BFV now I'm not sure what I got before but at the moment I am getting 90fps some areas 110fps and then suddenly 60fps it's pretty much jumping everywhere and I'm not sure if it's just BFV acting strangely or has those issues but I do know for a fact that in modern warfare 2020 I got 110-120 stable now it's all messed up. Now I want to know from you guys what the issue is and how I can resolve it. Did I break my hardware because of overclocking or holding the power button to make it shutdown due to locking up when testing overclocking or is it both I dont know lemme know what you guys think.

SPECS:
Windows 10 Pro Activated
Ryzen 7 7200x
NIVIDIA GTX 1070 OC
G.Skill 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4
700W Power Supply from EVGA
Monitor is from Asus not sure what it's called but it's a 1080P 144Hz Gsync compatible.
M.2 drive with windows 10
3 HDD other drives with games including bfv and mw2020

If you want to know anything more let me know what you guys think. Are the FPS correct in BFV and Modern warfare was just corrupted?