[ Help GPU 90 C? [HELP]

TehMcSwagger

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
hello everyone, So Ive posted this about 3 times now, but I've just seen that my GPU is going up to about 90 C while under heavy load I guess (playing Miscreated). Is this normal or is it overheating? I have one intake fan and I'm purchasing more in the next week or so.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/VJiy6D9.png

Version: Crimson 16.1.1 Win10

GPU: R9 390

Not overclocked.

Thank you heaps to everyone who replys.

Solution

I would advise if it is possible to mount 2 front intake fans and 1 exhaust fan in your case if possible. Good airflow can as well as increase performance also extended the life of your components inside the case.

Also if you have adequate room on the bottom of your case and not on carpet (solid...

TehMcSwagger

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015

It's the Asus Strix Version. And no exhaust currently. That's what i'm buying.

John_234

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016
How good is your air flow and ventilation within your case? Take into account any front mounted radiators which would increase GPU temps and as Gam3r said do you have the option to adjust your fan speeds on the GPU to cool it down?

GPU's run around 80-85 under heavy load so 90 is not far off.

TehMcSwagger

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015

Airflow is pretty bad right now. One intake fan, no exhaust. The PSU is taking air in from the case so I guess thats an exhaust for now?

John_234

Honorable
Jan 30, 2016

I would advise if it is possible to mount 2 front intake fans and 1 exhaust fan in your case if possible. Good airflow can as well as increase performance also extended the life of your components inside the case.

Also if you have adequate room on the bottom of your case and not on carpet (solid surface only) turn your PSU around so it takes in nice fresh cold air.

Solution

TehMcSwagger

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015

Thanks man, will take on board your tips. Thanks