kaionyap

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
My friend asked for my help in re-heating his gpu "Asus GTX 1050"cause its causing some issues and when I tested it, it does have a black screen/blank screen issue. so I opened the GPU, cleaned everything, then using my cheap hair blower with a very low airflow mod to make the coils glow red as an alternative to a heat gun to re-heat the gpu... It was very successful twice but on the third its really dead, I can revive the GPU, its beyond my skills on making it work again

I already told my friend a head of time that this is just a temporary fix and you'll encounter the same problem again. He also said that he gaming on lightweight games that dont require much gpu power and his using this gpu on a fm2 motherboard (he did not stated what amd cpu)

I saw some white spot on the gpu die and at first fix there aint a single spot on the die when I cleaned and re-heated it twice and on the third time of the death of the gpu... when I opened disassembled everything, the GPU die has this white spots that I cant seem to remove...

I was thinking of reballing but I dont think I can do such a thing cause I dont have the adequate materials needed for reballing. re-heating is the only thing I go do for now

Can someone please help me if theres another fix I could do to this GPU???

kaionyap

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
Who the hell told you to re-heat a GPU exactly?

Can you imagine what you did to anything around the coils if you made them glow red?
I already did a couple of re-heating a gpus when there dead and it works fine after reheating them
well the plastic started to deform but no problem, its just a $2 800watt hair dryer