[SOLVED] Help...GPU compatibility..

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, I've been wanting to upgrade my GPU for quite a while but I've been scared to take the first step. I seem to always stumble onto a website that contradicts what I just read off another website concerning compatibility. So here's the gist of it.
I want to upgrade my GPU to a GTX 1070 ti, but I don't know if it'll work. I have 700W PSU and a Zalman MS800 case(supposedly fits cards up to 300mm) and hopefully the System Info. link will work. All I am wanting to know is if I could correctly upgrade to some sort of GTX 1070 ti.

Thanks.

Solution
Your motherboard can easily handle a GTX 1070ti, Your processor can handle it. Your case can handle it. Your PSU is powerful enough to power it.

The ONLY issue I would see, would be to ensure that your power supply has the proper connector to power the external power to the GTX 1070ti. It will need an 8-pin plug to plug into the GPU.

I would say, you should have no problem with the upgrade, as long as your GPU is less than 300mm.
Your motherboard can easily handle a GTX 1070ti, Your processor can handle it. Your case can handle it. Your PSU is powerful enough to power it.

The ONLY issue I would see, would be to ensure that your power supply has the proper connector to power the external power to the GTX 1070ti. It will need an 8-pin plug to plug into the GPU.

I would say, you should have no problem with the upgrade, as long as your GPU is less than 300mm.

Solution
Sep 19, 2019

Wow, good news for once. Thanks bud. I have an EGVA 700W GD Series PSU.