[SOLVED] help gpu issue ?

Magevs

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
Hello , I have a 780Ti gpu that used to work perfectly untill recent week

everything turns on the light of the gpu is on and fan of the gpu spins normally ,
but when i boot the pc , dvi /hdmi /dp all no signals on the monitor ,,
I have i7 4770k it has intergrated gpu in it I used hdmi on my motherboard to my monitor and windows working fine..

I tried changing GPU slot place , it's still the same
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers , and still the same issue

I want some help,

Solution
Say goodbye to that card. Just because the rgb and fans work, doesn't mean the card is fine. It means it receives power sufficient for the card to run those features. Last resort would by trying the card on a different system but im telling you, that card is gone.

Magevs

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
I don't want to be that guy but I think your graphics card has called it a day. You mentioned a light on the GPU?
yes the logo "GEFORCE GTX" green is on when the gpu is installed in my motherboard slot #1
and gpu fan is spinning fine, but when ever I connect it with DVI or hdmi or DP cable to my monitor , there is no signal
so far I'm assuming it's a motherboard problem not de tecting my gpu ...
or assuming it's the gpu itself something wrong ? I dont know..

regarding connecting the monitor to my motherboard with (Hdmi) it works fine , I'm using it like this now because 4770k CPU has its own intergrated gpu in it..
but i'm ofc limited at 60Hz instead of 144hz on the monitor with the HDMI to motherboard..
not to mention the 4770k cpu intergrated built in gpu is very old and can't really run any games fast..

so I thought Tomshardware is the best place to Ask the pros here about this problem ^_^!
!

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Say goodbye to that card. Just because the rgb and fans work, doesn't mean the card is fine. It means it receives power sufficient for the card to run those features. Last resort would by trying the card on a different system but im telling you, that card is gone.

Solution

Ultraman1966

Honorable
Jun 28, 2015
Yeah, as the chap above has said, just because the light and fans work does not mean the rest of it is functioning. There's many components on the PCB which can break but not stop those basic functions. If you can, try testing it in an alternative PC or even a friend's PC because then you can know for sure if it's your mobo or the card itself.
780Ti is fairly old so I am not surprised if it has died, sad though it is for you.

TRENDING THREADS