Question *HELP* GPU NO DISPLAY AND WEIRD FANS

Joshua_82

Reputable
May 23, 2016
So, the gpu has not been functioning for a days. It all started when I bought the GTX 970 EVGA SSC from a friend. After buyingit I cleaned straight after but not as efficiently, but with an air compressant can. After that installed it to my mobo it was been working. However, i did notice that fan speeds increase rapidly in the witcher 3. the temps would reach mid 70s to 80 and not even under load along. I always thought that that was strange enough and that the gpu was faulty. I disassembled it and cleaned out the heatsink and fans with an electric dust blower with the gpu fans unplugged and replaced the thermal paste. however. after plugging it back in the second time, i managed to boot up windows 10 and loaded into the desktop. Then, the gpu display shut off. I turned off the pc and booted it up again. I also noticed that the gpu fan was not wokring. it at least was spinning at the first 10 seconds after turning on, but it then stop and spin a little bit and stop every 3 seconds. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Joshua_82

Reputable
May 23, 2016
I FORGOT TO mention after booting my pc after the gpu shut off , the display doesnt work. it says no cable connected even restart. in addition, after pruchasing the gpu, it was very dusty and that caused me to clean it.

Joshua_82

Reputable
May 23, 2016
So, the gpu has not been functioning for a days. It all started when I bought the GTX 970 EVGA SSC from a friend. After buyingit I cleaned straight after but not as efficiently, but with an air compressant can. After that installed it to my mobo it was been working. However, i did notice that fan speeds increase rapidly in the witcher 3. the temps would reach mid 70s to 80 and not even under load along. I always thought that that was strange enough and that the gpu was faulty. I disassembled it and cleaned out the heatsink and fans with an electric dust blower with the gpu fans unplugged and replaced the thermal paste. however. after plugging it back in the second time, i managed to boot up windows 10 and loaded into the desktop. Then, the gpu display shut off. I turned off the pc and booted it up again. I also noticed that the gpu fan was not wokring. it at least was spinning at the first 10 seconds after turning on, but it then stop and spin a little bit and stop every 3 seconds. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I FORGOT TO mention after booting my pc after the gpu shut off , the display doesnt work. it says no cable connected even restart. in addition, after pruchasing the gpu, it was very dusty and that caused me to clean it.