help gpu test

dannyboi1988m

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015
Hi im trying to test my gpu with furmark i can run it at 1280*760 but at 1980*1080 it just crashes and shuts of my display to monitor making me restart computer whats going wrong. My spec is amd 6600 cpu. r9 270x 4gb gpu. 750 psu. Gskills 8gb ram. And asus ve247. im running monitor at 1920*1080 also this is a brand new rig i built my first also sometimes the screen flickers just in genaral. I dont know alot about pc i just think i have a hardware problem. Ty

Furmark is a beast and is known to give some PSUs fits.... to little info there to diagnose.

What card ? R9 270 doesn't help ... specific manufacturer, line and model number ... i.e. ASUS DirectCU II R9270X-DC2T-2GD5
What PSU ? 750 PSU doesn't do it ..... specific manufacturer, line and model number ... i.e.CORSAIR CX series CX750

What voltages are you seeing on 12v, 5c and 3,3v rails during test ?
Use HWiNFO, GPUz, or OCCT to get voltages

gwapito

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014

It finished 1080p in unigene heaven with some flickering ha?

check/do in sequence

-Is your 270x overlocked? If it is reset it back to factory default

-Uninstall driver with this utility
http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/16748/
download and install omega driver

-Run it again but this time try to run hwinfo64 to monitor temps then post a screenshot

The flickering is usually an OC issue.... I have had cards (both EVGA, one SC and 1 FTW) that would not run at the advertised factory OC.

Unigine will not however pout the same load / strain on the PSU.... Unigine is for testing for OC stability.... Furmark for setting OC limits based upon temps and seeing if PSU can handle it

I love the "flying donut" of OCCT but Furmark's donut is more colorful. I toyed with the idea of mounting a LCD Panel under the case window and creating screen saver of the Furmark screen image and having it run off a small old card for "schitz and giggles"

dannyboi1988m

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015
So unistall all amd drivers and redownload them again i have done this system still does not boot all the time but sometimes it does and when i go on benchmark gpu software then it just crashes and i cant do anything when i have amd catalst installed

dannyboi1988m

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015
Im thinking unistall all programs on the hdd and reinstall windows and start fresh i have nothing on my hdd as its a new build then update all asus chipsets bios ect then try to install driver from sapphire website instead of amd and if that doesnt work i will throw my pc out the window lol