HELP!! Graphic card suddenly not working..

Faiz_1

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I was playing Dota 2..suddenly the monitor turn black. I change the cable to graphic on board and its working. The problem is, my graphic card fan is not spinning, i dont know if it has power or not..I try to assume that its broken but i just bought the gpu from my friend, its a used gpu and still look new, its ASUS GTX550ti.. so, if anyone have answers or anything that can help me..please help..

p/s sory for my bad english

manu 11

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
It can be a bad connector or just dead gpu. If you can, borrow someone else's gpu and connect the power connector to it if it works, then you have got a bad card.
Also, what psu do you have. As i recall, a 550ti's least requirement is a 450-500w psu.

Faiz_1

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

Thanks for ur reply..
Instead of borrowing gpu, is there anything else i can do to make sure that my gpu is dead?..i really dont have any friend who have a gpu, i could try but idk when i can find a gpu..i have coolermaster 650W psu..

Faiz_1

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

i tried using the other connector and still no luck..if the gpu is really dead, do i just buy a new one or i can send to computer service to repair it?..buying a new one is not really an option for me since im a student and i dont have money..:(